Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hooray!

At long last I have Spring Break plans! Yesterday we booked tickets to go to Cape Verde from March 2-11th. Cape Verde is a set of Islands (kind of like Hawaii) off the coast of West Africa, about a 1hr flight from Dakar. Our plans aren't totally concrete right now beyond flying in and out of Praia, which is on one of the larger islands. It is a little bit costly to fly from island to island, so we think we'll stick to the lower cluster and take boats between the islands. One place we want to go to for sure is Fogo, which is a volcano island, which we can hike up/around. It looks really gorgeous, and we think we'll have a lot of fun. The group looks like it will be 6 girls, all of whom I really like and look forward to traveling with. Like I said, we're going to do our best to be spontaneous (but I've already warned them that I am my fathers child and can't help it if I need some sense of a plan, at the very least!) and see where the trip takes us.
It's crazy that we're going so soon and that we just booked it yesterday, but that adds to the excitement, in my opinon. I'll be glad to get out of Senegal and see somewhere that I probably wouldn't end up at otherwise. They speak Portugeuse there (but it's its own country) so I'll need to brush up on that- rather, I need to learn some.
Otherwise I'm just hanging out at school- not too much work, which is nice. I have a midterm coming up in Islam soon, but I don't think that will be too challenging since his information is generally straightforward. Sometimes it gets a little tiring having to do so much thinking since it's in French, but I think it is helping me with my skills. That's all for now!

No comments: